How to Configure the Scroll Pre-alpha Testnet
The scroll is a decentralized, trustless, and private platform built on top of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) that aims to improve users’ scalability, transaction speed, and confirmations. Its goal is to provide unlimited scalability and low latency for transactions on the EVM.
What’s the difference between Scroll and other Layer 2 solutions?
One key feature that sets Scroll apart from other Layer 2 solutions is its ability to work directly on the base layer (Layer 1) of the Ethereum blockchain and be compatible with Ethereum dApps and other Layer 2 solutions. Scroll also utilizes the power of graphics processing units (GPUs) in a unique way to perform zk-proofs off-chain, which helps to increase scalability and reduce transaction costs.
Scroll configuration guide
1. Visit https://prealpha.scroll.io and interact with the platform.
2. Add both the Layer 1 and Layer 2 networks by following the instructions on https://prealpha.scroll.io.
3. Sign in with your Twitter account and request the faucet at https://prealpha.scroll.io/faucet/.
(To be eligible for the airdrop, your Twitter account must have a minimum of 30 followers.)
4. Bridge Tokens from Scroll L1 to Scroll L2 using prealpha.scroll.io/bridge/ and transfer assets.
5. Switch to “Scroll L2 testnet”. Use https://prealpha.scroll.io/swap/#/ to do some swaps. Also,
6. To bridge from the Rinkeby test net to the Scroll Layer 2 testnet, you can use Orbiter Finance. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to https://rinkeby.orbiter.finance/?dest=ScrollL2&source=Rinkeby.
- Connect your wallet to the platform.
- Follow the instructions to initiate the bridging process from Rinkeby to Scroll L2 Testnet.
7. Finally, fill in the feedback form to complete the process.
Note: Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Crypto, Robot Ventures, Geometry DAO, Bixin Ventures, Ying Tong and Carlos Aria from the Ethereum Foundation, as well as Anthony Sassal, Ryan Adams, and Santiago Santos from the Ethereum community have invested $30M in Scroll.